We think it is begining to look a lot like Christmas....so we thought we would share some tips on getting ready for the silly season, come check us out over here in the gallery
What’s new instore this week…?
BasicGrey WholyCow Euro Edge Rub-ons Black,Carolees Tiny Pink Alpha stickers, Carolees Tiny Blue Alpha stickers, Heidi Swapp Bling Borders BLACK, Heidi Swapp Ghost Frames Ornate, Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas Magic 12x12 Decorative Edge – Medallion,
Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas Magic 12x12 Decorative Edge – Fluer EdgeTeresa Collins Designs Tis The Season Collection 8x8 Double Sided Papers - Christmas Notes, Teresa Collins Designs Tis The Season Collection 8x8 Double Sided Papers – Remember, Teresa Collins Designs Tis The Season Collection 8x8 Double Sided Papers - Christmas Circle, Teresa Collins Designs Tis The Season Collection 12x12 Checklist Diecuts 4 shapes/sheet,
Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Scrapbooking Paper Unit, KaiserCraft Beyond the Page Square open album, Kaisercraft Double Sided Patterned Paper - Cheers MERRY CHRISTMASKaisercraft Double Sided Patterned Paper - Cheers SEASONS GREETINGS, KAISERscrapbook Clear Stamps - MERRY CHRISTMAS
Take a stroll down Inspiration Alley…
November's Mid month SKETCH
This midmonth inspiration sketch was inspired by Kylene’s “captured” layout… quick, simple and effective …we hope this one inspires some quick and easy layouts in this lead up to the silly season …enjoy!!!Kye’s Comments: - In this layout I have used the touches of red to create a visual triangle and randomly added the buttons inspired by the circles in the pp. (and yes Sonia, the buttons have been sewn on!! LOL) Create an ORIGINAL Scrapbooking page based on this Sketch.
Upload your entry to the Forever Always Gallery.
Or Email the entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries close on 29th November 2008.
You will be in with a chance to win a $15 Gift Voucher from Forever Always.
Read all this and more over here
NEW CALL: Prima Marketing 2009 DT Call
It's that time of the year again and Prima is looking for some new talent to add to our existing design team! If you have ever wanted to be a Flower Girl (or Guy) now is your time to try out! We will AGAIN be including international designers on the team!
Please send the following items in your email application:
2 or 3 examples of your current style in the form of cards, altered projects and/or layouts.
Each photo must be less than 200k. (The email may bounce if it is larger than 600K total.) There is no need to use Prima products on the projects. Projects may have been previously published and/or posted online.
Your full name and state/country of residence, along with full contact information (phone number too!) This will be kept confidential and will only be used to contact you for joining the team.
A link to an online gallery and/or resume. There is no need to have been published before. You may be on other design teams.
That's it! We are trying to keep this simple for everyone.
Please email your application (subject: Prima Design Team)to Sharon (with a copy to Tami) at the following addresses:
Call applications accepted immediately. Call deadline is December 31st, 2008 at midnight PT. All entrants will receive a verification email. We hope to notify new design team members by the end of January, 2009.
Contracts will run from February, 2009- February, 2010.
Updates will be posted on the blog. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or email: email@example.com
Design Team Terms:
This is just a general overview: Each member is required to submit 3 Prima projects per month. Product is provided by Prima to complete all projects (with plenty left over!) There is a pay-for-publication program you may participate in. There may be a call for additional projects here and there--the design team would be asked to volunteer if they wish to participate in those.
We hope this will be a positive experience for everyone....we promise to look through every entry and try to choose who we feel best fits the needs that we have for our new team. (All design team entries will be forwarded to another email so the Prima box does not fill up.
Please know that each one will be opened and reviewed after it is transferred!)
We thank you in advance for putting yourself out there!
We appreciate each one of you! :)
NEW CALL: A Thousand Little Things 2009 DT Call
A Thousand Little Things is looking for 5 talented, motivated, responsible designers who have time to commit to design layouts and projects each month from our products and promote our products online and at their local scrapbook store.
We are looking for:
1. Creative individuals who are able to complete 2-3 layouts each month and another project such as a card, tag, or any other creative project you can think of to be displayed in “The Studio”
2. Each month at least 2-3 Design Team members will be asked to do 1 more layout for class kits. (Design Team members will be asked on a rotating basis).
3. All layouts, cards and projects must include a materials list and a short description.
4. All layouts, cards and projects for the class kits must include a materials list and step by step instructions.
5. As a design team member your role will be to help showcase our products.
6. Your monthly submissions may be used in our newsletter, featured items, design ideas or classes and will be posted in our gallery.
7. You should not be afraid to be creative, try new techniques and have fun.
8. You must be available to commit to a 12 month term, which will begin in January 2009.
9. You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
10. There will be a 20% discount available if you use our products to teach at your local scrapbook store.
11. If needed your designs may also need to be shown at trade shows.
In return you will receive:
1. A monthly package of our products for FREE! These are products from us that you use to create your designs. You must use only the items in the kit on your projects and you keep all unused products. Completed projects are also yours to keep.
2. 20 % off your personal purchases from us throughout your duration as a Design Team member and free shipping on orders that are shipped with your monthly package.
To apply please send an e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1. Full name, address, phone number and email address.
2. 3 layouts, 1 card, and 1 project representing your best design work (jpg files no larger than 500kb)
3. You must also include a list of current design teams & scrapbook communities (forums, message boards) in which you are active in. Please include all links.
4. You may also include an online gallery link if you have one. If you have a blog, please include that link as well.
5. List your prior experience.
6. Describe your style.
7. What makes you a unique addition to our team?
8. Have you been published, if so where and when.
9. Do you have teaching experience?
10. Tell us about yourself, please acknowledge how much time you are comfortable with to devote to A Thousand Little Things each month.
Submission deadline is November 30th, 2008.
Our design team members will be announced on December 8th, 2008.
We thank you in advance for all your work and appreciate each entry!
Questions may be directed to mailto:email@example.com
NEW CALL: DreamGirls Design Team Call
Deadline: Saturday, November 29, 2008
Are your favorite layouts created when you work on challenges?
Do you like stretching your creativity and trying new things?
Are you reliable and looking to be part of a team that works well together?
If yes, then you may be just the designers Dreamgirls Challenge blog team is searching for!
We post our challenges on the 1st and 15th of each month.
Our team designs layouts using their own products.
You follow the challenge guidelines while letting your creativity shine.
On occasion, we receive products from sponsors to work with.
You are compensated with exposure and the satisfaction of helping other get their mojo flowing!
We expect that DT members will complete the majority of challenges on time.
That said, when life happens, we’ll understand - just keep us in the loop.
If this sounds good to you, please send an email to Dreamgirlsdesign@aol.com.
Please include the following info:
1. Tell us a little about yourself– your location, how long you’ve been scrapping. What are your favorite techniques?
2. Tell us which Message Boards you are active on and your user names.
3. A link to your blog & gallery where we can see your work.
4. Tell us your ideas for two future challenges, with fun twists.
Applications will be accepted Nov 15th through midnight EST on Nov 29th.
We will be choosing 3-4 new designers.
They will be announced on Dec 1st on the Dreamgirls challenge blog.