Call: Kite Tails Designs DT Call
Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2012
As one of the paper crafting industry’s newest manufacturers, we at Kite Tails Designs are finding our niche by creating collections with a geometric, modern flair. Each of our collections include a series of double-sided papers, along with a great variety of coordinating embellishments. We are looking for up-and-coming designers to join us in creating some fabulous paper crafting projects using our products. What we need are some new ‘Kite Flyers’ to:
-Commit to a 6-month term from May 1st- Oct 31st
-Complete 2 projects a month
-Complete additional projects during our trade show rush (June)
-Be able to take great photos of your work
-Participating in blog hops, swaps and or special events
-Using social media to help promote Kite Tails (personal blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
In return, from us:
-Lots of Kite Tails goodies to play with, including new products before they are ever released!
-Name, bio and photo featured on our blog
-Exposure on all of our social media sites
If you’d like to fly a kite with us, please send your application with the following information to email@example.com by April 15th, 2012
-Subject line: Kite Tails DT Call
-Contact information (Name, address, phone number, email, blog/website address)
-4 samples of your best work highlighting your personal style, your skills and your creativity. Please no photos bigger than 500kb each
Answer the following questions
1. Why do you want to design for Kite Tails?
2. What other design teams (past and present) have you designed for?
3. Are you able to commit approximately 4-6 hours per month to our design team, with a heavier time commitment in June (pre trade show month)?
NO previous Design Team experience is required, so don’t be shy and send your samples in! The Design Team Call is open immediately, and will end on April 15th, 2012. We will announce the new team at the end of April.
Call: Scraps of Darkness & Scraps of Elegance DT Calls
Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2012
Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance kit club are looking for designers to add to our talented Design Teams!
Commitment is important, so we want to be straighforward with what we are looking for. We want to see ambitious, outgoing, computer savvy scrappers that share in the same love as we do.
These DT positions will start with our May 2012 kits and end with our October 2012 kits.
This call is open to both the US and International submissions, although International DT Members will be required to share in the cost of shipping kits to them.
Our available positions are as follows:
One Designer for our Scraps of Darkness kits (responsibilities as shown below)
One Designer for our Scraps of Elegance kits (responsibilities as shown below)
One Designer for our Scraps of Elegance kits with alternate requirements- fewer layouts, no tutorials and some behind the scenes responsibilities.
You must complete a minimum of (any combination) 5 layouts/ cards/altered items per month and have 4 of them ready to upload by reveal day, which is the 15th of the month for Scraps of Darkness and the 1st of the month for Scraps of Elegance. Additional layouts/projects should be uploaded prior to the release of the next kit. These projects need to be placed in SOD/ SOE galleries, blogs, scrapbook.com, and any other public galleries you participate in.
Daily participation in our forums and daily check in on our Design Team Forum, as well as keeping up in the galleries is a must. DT responsibilities such as posting Question of the Week and our Pandora’s Box Tutorial will be rotated among our Design Team. We also ask that you start new threads in the forum that encourage posting by our members.
You must complete at least 2 tutorials within your 6 month DT term in addition to your Pandora’s box tutorial. These may be step out photo or video tutorials.
In return for your commitment, you will receive the entire main kit as well as two kit add-ons free of charge each month. You will also have the option of purchasing any additional add ons featured throughout the month you are a Design Team member at a 50% discount. Design Team members also receive a 30% discount in our store.
How to apply:
Please forward all applications and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
Name, Address, Phone Number
Submit 3 layouts or 2 layouts and an altered item that clearly demonstrates your style. Scraps of Elegance and Scraps of Darkness pride themselves on having a diverse design team. We want you to be you! Show us your shabby chic, your elegant, your girly grunge. Whatever style you lean towards is how we want to get to know you.
Tell us why you think you would be a good addition to either the SOD or SOE team.
Provide links to blogs and galleries and any resume you may have.
List all of your current DT commitments. Please note our designers may not design for or in any way advertise another kit club. We have no problem with our DT members designing for manufacturers, sketch sites, local stores etc. It is counterproductive however to have them promote our competitors.
All submissions must be received by April 15, 2012 and we will have an official public announcement by April 20th.
Call: Global Scrappers Forum - Forum Manager Call
Deadline: Sunday, April 15, 2012
Our forum, Global Scrappers, is looking for a new Forum Manager.
The compulsory duties of the Forum Manager are:
* approving new members
* choosing a DT every 6-12 months
* making sure DT put up challenges when due
* drawing the winner each month
* making sure there is a folder in the gallery for the appropriate month
Call: Helmar Design Team Call
Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2012
Helmar is a recognized leader of adhesives and aerosols in the Arts and Crafts industry and we are looking for new design team members to promote our amazing products. If you’d like to be a part of one of the most creative and easy going design teams out there, while showcasing Helmar products and your talent, this call is for you!!!
We are looking for dedicated design team members that work well with deadlines, direction and preferred partner products. As a Helmar design team member, you will serve a 6 month term beginning May 1, 2012.
As a part of the Helmar Design Team you will…
- Receive a surplus amount of Helmar products and advance releases of new Helmar Products as well
- Endorsement fees for published layouts and tradeshow projects
- Amazing products from our generous Preferred Partners throughout your term
Now what does it take to be a part of the Helmar Team? Here are your responsibilities
- 3 projects per month consisting of (but not including all every month) blog posts on the Helmar blog and your personal blog, video tutorials, blog hop projects, Preferred Partner projects and Helmar challenge projects. These are on a rotating calendar basis that will be provided to you. Edited to add- Video tutorials are not a requirement. If you would rather do a Step out photo tutorial, we'd love that too!!!
- Keeping your personal blog up to date and linking Helmar at every opportunity. Using Preferred Partners product is also appreciated.
- Facebook, Twitter, Ustream and YouTube involvement. Social Media is big in the industry and we want you to be a part of it!!!
- Monthly submissions to magazines and publications
- Special projects as per requested for shows, catalogs, promotional items and trade shows
If you are interested in being a part of a fantastic team, please send the following information in a single email
1) Name, address, daytime/evening phone number and email address.
2) Short biography
3) Links to any online galleries, blogs, facebook, twitter pages and video streams ( youtube, ustream, vimeo)
4) List or attached resume of other design teams you are or have previously been on.
5) A brief paragraph letting us know why you would like to be a part of the Helmar Design Team
6) 3-5 examples of your work that will best showcase what you will bring to the Helmar table. (Layouts, cards, altered art, mixed media, sewing projects, crafts etc.) Make sure to list any special techniques you’ve used using adhesives. Please no photos bigger than 500kb each.
7) Anything else you feel we need to know about you
Please submit your application to email@example.com by April 18th, 2012 with "Helmar Design Team Application" as the subject. No late submissions will be accepted. The new Helmar Design Team will be announced by the 30th of April, 2012
At this time we are only accepting applications from Australia, Canada and United States.
Helmar Adhesives do not need to be used on your submission samples but are appreciated.