NEW CALL: Let's Get Peachy Design Team Call
Deadline: Friday, April 15, 2011
Let's Get Peachy! Who wants to be a Peachy Kat?
Now is your chance, and here is what we are looking for and how to submit:
This call is open from March 21, 2011 through April 15th, 2011.
I hope to announce the newest Design Team on my blog on June 1, 2011 or July 1, 2011, depending on how quickly requirements are sent in.
I am looking to fill several spots at this time. The most needed being a Vintage/Distress Arts Kat, but others are needed as well!
Within these positions I am looking for skills in Altering, Repurposing items, Vintage/Distress Looks, knowledge in celebrating US Holidays and Events, skills in working with Sketches, and showing different styles in creating Layouts, Cards and Altered Projects.
I want you…”if”…you are a creative, responsible, energetic,reliable and ambitious and want to have fun creating with us.
My Expectations of Designers:
- Open communication skills.
- Consistent style with range and ability to design and tell "stories" to our readers/followers about your creation, sign it in your own peachy way and list your supplies.
- Teamwork, cooperation and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Skills to create layouts, cards and altered projects on an experienced level.
- Skills to teach techniques with written instructions and step by step photos for your altered projects and any blog hop projects.
- Photography skills to produce clear,straight, and accurate photos of your projects.
- To advertise on your blog that you are a "Peachy Kat" as soon as you are introduced on the blog! (this is very important for both of us to get exposure)
Design Team Requirements:
- The Most Important! You must NOT to Post anything you do for LGP prior to it being posted on LGP!!!
- Active participation in our yahoo group including the message board, photo album and files. (This is a must for all.)
- 1 Challenge, 1 to 2 Assignment for your position & if needed an extra assignment not dealing with your position every month.
- Suggest any challenge Ideas to me to choose from on a Monthly basis.
-To "Rock" both the "I'm a Peachy Kat" and the "Let's Get Peachy" buttons on your blog, one of them having to have a link back to my blog.
- If you are chosen you will need to submit a BOM Layout (if you don't know what this is, I will explain) with a story to go with it and a questionnaire.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be entered into every month's challenge to win the prize as well as the readers/followers, also an occasional goodie envelope or box from me.
- I will post your challenges/assignments and anything additional on my blog to get your name out there.
-I will advertise your blog for more exposure.
- I will submit your DT challenges to any sponsors for appreciation and exposure.
- We have a drama free environment and have lots of fun.
- You will be working with a great group of friendly and talented designers that work together to inspire and uplift one another, as well as our readers/followers.
-And Last but Not Least, have fun creating
- Your Name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Link to any all of your online galleries.
- Link to your Blog (must be actively posting)
- List of Past and Present Design Teams (list all requirements for the present teams you are on, in other words how many projects you have to do for them on a monthly basis).
- A reference that I can email (their name and email address) that knows you and your scrapping style.
-A Nice, clear Photo of yourself to be posted on LGP. With a "About Me" statement to go with it.
- We would like to know a little about you and why you would like to join us here at Let's Get Peachy.
Please send all submissions to: PeachyLaura@gmail.com
NEW CALL: Scrapdango Spring Design Team Search
Deadline: Friday, April 15, 2011
Scrapdango Spring Design Team Search
Term: May 2011-October 2011
Scrapdango is looking for enthusiastic artists to join its Design Team. Scrapdango is a monthly scrapbook kit club with exciting scrapbook kits and products from leading manufacturers. If you love scrapbooking and want to be on our Design Team, then please apply.
Design Team Applications are due no later than midnight April 15, 2011. Announcements will be made shortly after this. Our new designers will cover a six-month term beginning in May 2011 and will design with 6 kits through October 2011.
*Designers are required to submit a minimum of 3 layouts and an altered project or two-three cards each month. At least one of the layouts each month must be a two-page spread. Layouts need to be done in time for the design reveal on the 15th of each month. You will typically receive your kit around the 1st of the month and have two weeks to complete your projects for the reveal, but occasionally time lines may be shorter due to product availability. 12X12 layout size is preferred.
*Provide a sketch for at least one of your layouts each month. This is an extremely important part of the DT duties and must be completed in a timely manner each month so that I can get the design sheets that go out with the kits put together.
*Designers must also participate in posting QOTD/SQOTD and posting on the Scrapdango Blog based on a rotating schedule.
*Contribute monthly to the newsletter. Some months, you may not have to contribute but being ready with ideas for articles, tips and techniques, tutorials is helpful.
*Active participation on our Scrapdango Forum. Only those applicants who join and are actively participating on our Message Board will be considered. We want to have an opportunity to get to know you and for you to get to know our online community. This will help to assure a good fit.
*Must be 18 years of age or older.
These are some of the main DT requirements. For a full list of what we’re looking for and DT requirements, please see the DT call post on the boards. scrapdango.com…
Each Design Team Member receives a full kit (either Sugar or Spice) to create with each month.
This call is open to everyone, however international residents outside of Canada will be asked to pay a portion of the shipping on their kits. They will receive a $7.00 credit toward shipping and will be asked to pay for the remainder.
How to apply:
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please answer the following questions and attach the jpg images as outlined below.
1) Name, Address, Phone, Email, and a short bio
2) Have you been on other Design Teams? Are you currently on other design teams now? How long will the terms run? (DT Members of other monthly kit clubs may apply but it isn’t preferable. I will consider these on a case by case basis.)
3) Have you had a layout or project published? If yes, please provide this information.
4) Please provide links to any online galleries and personal blogs.
5) How would you describe your scrapbook style?
6) Do you have experience doing layout sketches?
7) Are there other ways you think you can contribute that are not mentioned?
8) What ideas do you have to help promote Scrapdango or an idea for a future contest?
9) Because Scrapdango features one masculine kit (Spice Kit) and one feminine kit (Sugar Kit) each month, I need to know if you have a preference on which kit would fit you best. Please tell us whether you would be best able to work with the Sugar or Spice kit each month or either kit and why.
10) Depending on the team chosen, I may appoint a Blog Coordinator and Newsletter coordinator. Please consider whether you are interested in applying for one of these and tell us which position(s) and your skills and experience related to the position(s).
1) Provide three layouts that you feel best capture your style (one must be a two-page layout). These can be previously completed layouts.
2) Please come up with your own challenge and create an example layout to go with it. This must be a new challenge and project created for this call.
3) Create your own sketch to show your sketch skills. This can be a previously created sketch as long as it was created by you. Sketches would preferably be done by computer. These can easily be done using Photoshop Elements or Photoshop, MS Word, Powerpoint and many other programs.
We would like to see layouts that are consistent with your typical design work. Email your answers to the questions and your jpg images to email@example.com.