HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL READERS OF JUST CALLS & CROPS.
I HOPE IT'S A GOOD ONE FOR YOU - AND NOT JUST IN SCRAPPING !
There are a number of CT and DT calls in this post, so if one of your New Year's resolutions is to make a design team, why not check them out, and give them a go !
NEW CALL: January Monthly Challenges
As it is the beginning of not only a new year, but a new month, don't forget to check out all of the latest challenges on your favourite blogs and websites. If you know of a site or challenge blog not listed here, please contact me and I'll add them to the sidebars ! Good luck and Happy Scrapping !
NEW CALL: MULTI-PHOTO SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS GALLERY
Do you ever see a gorgeous layout in a Scrap Mag using one photo only that you just love and try to scraplift it and apply it to your pages using multiple photos? It just doesn’t work out does it? Looking for ideas for layouts using more than 3 photos on your pages? Here is a new blog that can help you get some inspiration for your multi-photo layouts….MULTI-PHOTO SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUTS GALLERY.
Anyone can contribute their layouts to this blog – it showcases pages using 3 photos or more. No strict criteria to adhere to like the Scrap Mags; no having to use the latest products and techniques; all you need to do is use 3 photos or more on your layouts and you too can be published!!
Send your layouts to email@example.com and advise what details you want about yourself published (i.e. name, suburb and/or state) – it’s that simple!!
The Blog address is http://multiphotoscrapbooklayouts.blogspot.com/. Visit and be inspired. Contribute and be appreciated.
NEW CALL: “Your Place in the Sun” – a free 12 month workshop.
Have you ever wanted to put together an album about that special place in your heart you call home but didn’t really know where to start? Would you like to look at the wider picture of how we fit into where we live and interact with the people who share the common ground around us on a daily basis? What are the things we see and the places we attend regularly (but somehow never really notice) that make a neighbourhood or community what it is?
Join Jane Howden in 2011 on Scrap Beginnings for a FREE 12 month class where we will take a journey of discovery through our own communities and document our daily lives. There will be a monthly downloadable pdf filled with prompts and ideas, example layouts and sketches to give you inspiration and a set of monthly challenges - complete with prizes - in which to participate. This workshop is for everyone – how you approach the process is entirely up to you - paper, digital, journal, blog, whichever makes you happy.
Class begins on January 8.
NEW CALL: Red Earth Scrapping Creative Team Call - January 2011
To enter you need to:
1. Register as a new member (forum) before 15th January 2011.
2. Participate in the forum chat as much as possible - we are going to make Red Earth Scrapping the most exciting place to be in the cyber-scrapping world.
3. Be committed for a period of at least 6 months from 1st February 2011.
4. Add your name to the Creative Team Competition Registration post in the forum.
5. Complete the following short questionnaire - please E-MAIL your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26th January 2011 at the latest.
* Please tell us a little about yourself ...
* What is your preferred paper crafting genre? Scrapping (i.e. pages/layouts), card making, OTP projects, stamping, all of the above, etc ...
* How long have you been involved in paper crafting? What does this hobby mean to you?
* Provide FIVE (5) recent samples of your work.
* Describe your paper crafting style in 5 words or less.
* Are you currently, or have you been, a Creative or Design Team member of any other sites/shops/challenge blogs? Which ones? nb. this is not a prerequisite.
* Do you have a blog? Please provide details. nb. this is not a prerequisite.
* Feel free to ask me any questions about myself or Red Earth Scrapping.
The competition will run in 2 parts over 10 days -
---> part 1 - 16th - 21st January 2011
---> part 2 - 17th - 26th January 2011
You must complete both parts within the specified time frames to be eligible.
It is a non-elimination competition.
I will be looking for 2 main things in your entries - CREATIVE GENIUS and INSPIRATION.
If you think you have what it takes, or know someone who does, please dont hold back, jump in and have a go.
The new CT Member will enjoy a big kit each month full of new and beautiful products with which to create pages and projects of your choice and inspire our members with your creativity.
Further details of what you will receive in return for various responsibilities will be disclosed to the successful applicant or if you wish to know more please feel free to contact me.
NEW CALL: Mystical Scrapbooks DT Call
We're looking for energetic, outgoing, creative individuals to join our Design Team and help us grow.
As a DT Member you'll be required to assist in monthly contests, create challenges and participate daily on the forum and gallery. Sorry Australian residents only.
Please email email@example.com for all the details. Application need to be submitted by 29th Jan 2011.
NEW CALL: Scrap the Boys CT Call Reminder
Scrap the Boys is looking for a NEW Creative Team.
Would you like to help inspire others, become part of a team who scrap their boys…
If so we want to hear from you!!!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1) send us 2 of your favourite boy layouts, this can be 8.5x11 or 12x12..
2.) Email the above and a bio about yourself and your scrapbooking and why you think you think you should be a STB CT Member along with your blog address if you have one. ** Your BIO will be used on a STB CT Feature...
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN & OTHER DETAILS:
To become part of a fantastic team of scrapbookers who love to help inspire others and love a challenge every month.
CT Members are required to advertise STB on their blogs/facebook and anywhere else that is allowed. Voting on entries is also required.
This position will be on a 6 month term and will start in FEB 2011...
Entries close 10th JAN with the lucky girls contacted within 48 hours, you will then have until 30th JAN to create a sample page for the following months challenges.
You can post your CT submission entries on your blog linking back to STB.
Please email your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “CT Application - name” in the subject line.
NEW CALL: Scrap the Girls CT Call Reminder
Wow the last six months have flown by, and it is now time to advertise for a new Creative team!
If you are interested in applying for the Scrap the Girls Creative Team, please read the conditions below.....
1. You must complete the December STG challenge, and link or email it before the 31st of Dec. 2010
2. You MUST have your own blog
3. Email me with
- another of your favourite girly pages (no problem if it has been previously published or used for another challenge)
- Your blog address
- a few short lines on why you would like to be on the STG team.
Please email your applications to email@example.com with "CT application" in the subject line.
What does a Creative Team member have to do?
You will be required to create a sample page of each month's challenge for inspiration, which must be emailed to me BEFORE the 1st of each month - you will receive approx a month to do each page.
You will be required to promote the STG challenge every month on your personal blog.
STG CT members also have to vote each month to determine the challenge winners.
STG CT members are not eligible to win monthly prizes whilst they are on the team.
Successful applicants will be notified by email on the 12th of January 2011, and will be required to complete their 1st layout as a CT member by the 31st January 2011.
The term starts 1st of Feb 2011 and runs for 6 months.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 10TH JANUARY 2011