NEW CALL: Treasured Scrapbooking Design Team Call
Deadline: Thursday, June 10, 2010
Starting May 17th I will be looking for 6 designers for the site. Current and past DT members are welcome to apply, but there is a limit of two terms in a row, then there needs to be a six month “buffer” period before you apply again. This allows me to step back from being emotional about my connections to the DT members and also allow for new inspiration and styles. There is an exception, and that is the DT Coordinator position, and thankfully Julie has agreed to remain in that position! There will also be a card designer call this time around, look for a separate listing for that information.
The Nitty Gritty
As a member of the TS DT, you will be responsible for:
*Creating innovative and unique scrapbook layouts, cards, and altered art to display in the design gallery. (Each DT member must submit 2 layouts, 1 sketch and 1 altered item/paper craft project/card every month from the kit you are provided.)
* Becoming a moderator of the Treasured Scrapbooking Message Board and posting and responding to posts daily, creating weekly and/or monthly challenges etc. Completing product reviews, and participating in TS Cyber Crops. This is a VERY important part of the Design Team, so please don’t apply if you don’t feel you can do this.
*Leave meaningful feedback and praise in the gallery.
*Complete the challenge of at least one other DT member each month.
* Contribute an article to a monthly newsletter assignment. Assignments are on a rotating basis. (Technique articles, Q & A, layout sketches, product highlights…etc.)
*Communicating with Owner, Design Team Coordinator and Design Team about absences due to illness or vacation
*Design Team Members are encouraged to submit to publications on a monthly basis. A list of publications will be provided by the Store owner/DT Coordinator.
*Promote Treasured Scrapbooking Forums and Products in blogs, other forums, and signatures where it is allowed. Design Team Blinkies will be provided.
Please note that some of these jobs will be split up among the team.
If chosen as a Design Team Member you will be compensated in the following ways:
* You will receive your Monthly TS Kit Free! These are our monthly subscription kits that are carried in our store. You keep all materials, but must use only items in the kit, unless I carry the product in the store OR you have expressed permission from me. You must not use extra items in the kits for other websites, and if you submit to a magazine or publication, you need to credit the kit as being in my collection. Completed projects are yours to keep.
* 30% off purchases from our store throughout your duration as a Design Team member and free shipping on orders that are shipped with the monthly kit as long as they fit in a priority mail flat rate box with your kit. (International Design Team Members will be required to pay shipping in excess of domestic shipping costs for DT kits/orders).
* You give TS the right to post your projects (with appropriate credit, naturally) to the TS Facebook page and the TS Blog.
* Design Team Commitment will be 6 months (July 2010-December 2010). Upon selection, a Contract will be sent for you to sign, outlining all responsibilities and compensations.
You may apply as Design Team Member for the Treasured Scrapbooking Design team by submitting the following to: email@example.com by MIDNIGHT Pacific Time, June 10th, 2010. The new Design Team will be chosen and announced on or before June 15th, 2010. The new Design Team will start July 1st. Design Team kits will be mailed out the week of June 15th for projects to be completed for July 1st.
1) Send 4 original scrapbook layouts, 1 card, and 1 altered item or other paper art project. Pictures should be clear, in .jpg format, no larger than 150kb, and not wider than 500 pixels. Projects may be old or new but should be representative of your current style. If you feel I need to see a higher resolution file, please send the smaller file and a link to a larger resolution version.
2) Tell me a little bit about yourself, why you scrapbook, etc. Include your full contact info with preferred email address.
3) Tell me why you feel you are a prime candidate for our Design Team. Focus on your strengths and include what you will contribute to our team and message board. Share your ideas and thoughts for promoting your membership as a DT member and the Treasured Scrapbooking store.
4) List of current design team memberships and scrapbook communities (message boards) in which you are active. Please include URLs and your community usernames. If you have an online gallery/scrap blog please provide the link as this is a great way for me to see the full breadth of your style. Memberships on other design teams are not discouraged but please keep in mind your other commitments and ability to adhere to project deadlines for TS. The amount of other DTs you are on may be a contributing factor in my final decision.
I will reply to each entry I receive, so if you haven't gotten a reply within 24 hours, please check with me to make sure I received it!
NEW CALL: How Much Is Too Much Design Team Call
Deadline: Monday, June 7, 2010
How Much Is Too Much, one of the oldest-running scrapbooking challenge blogs, would like to add a few fresh faces to our team.
The mission of our blog is to post interesting challenges that encourage participants to use their stuff because, let's admit it, we all have too much stuff!
Design team members will be asked to post challenges on a rotating basis. Challenges are posted every two weeks, so if you are chosen for the team, you will be creating a layout for our challenge every other week.
To apply, please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org (use "HMITM DT Call" as your subject)
* create a layout using the current challenge (#133)
* a link to your blog (if you have one)
* a link to your online gallery
* three ideas for possible challenges
* your name, phone number, and e-mail address
We are also asking you to post a link to your layout in the HMITM Challenge #133 thread at the Pub at Two Peas in a Bucket: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/… (just search for the thread in that forum) and mention that you are trying out for the team.
The deadline for applications is June 7. New team members will be notified during the week of June 21 and will begin their first challenge on July 5.
Here is a link to our challenge blog: hmitm.blogspot.com