COMMUNITY CALL: Premmie Baby Charity Crop Updates
Donations have arrived for the Premmie baby charity crop at Create for a Cause.
Want to have a look?
Remember to book and pay before 1 MAY 2009!
Jane Balke, Lindy Gillespie and Sharon Kane
Premmie Baby Charity Crop update...
Create For a Cause is posted on the Scrapbooking Memories site
Be part of a fun day and raise funds for premature and seriously ill babies at the same time.
Need more info? Try our blog at http://create-4acause.blogspot.com/
Jane, Lindy & Sharon
Create For a Cause team, Brisbane & Caboolture
NEW CALL: Scrapbudz Scrapbook Boutique April Cybercrop
Scrapbudz Scrapbook Boutique is having its monthly cybercrop
When: April 24th
Where: Scrapbudz Forum
This is going to be a crop about all things kaiser so if you are a kaiser fan pop on in for some serious fun . Loads of kaiser prizes up for grabs , so look forward to seeing you all there.
NEW CALL: SheetLoad of Cards Design Team Call
Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2009
SheetLoad of Cards is looking for four (4) talented and fun cardmaker/papercrafters, who are able to showcase our ezine and sketches to their fullest.
Enthusiasm for the eZine is a must, your attitude and creations will help bring more recognition to yourself, as well as SheetLoad.
We want artists who love SheetLoad as much as we do and are willing to help with promotion and getting the word out.
International applicants welcome.
April 20: Deadline for “Email of Intent”
April 30: Deadline for Submission Challenge Blog Post
May 10: Chosen artists will be contacted
May 15: New artists will be announced on SheetLoad Blog
August Issue: New artists will start being added to our artist rotation.
Design Team Term: Ongoing basis, starting with August ’09 issue. Relationship may be terminated by either party, at any time.
To Be Considered…
Email your “Intent” to sheetload @comcast.net with “DT position” in the subject line.
Make sure to include…
- Link to your crafting blog. If you know your monthly/daily hit count and number of “subscribers/followers”, that information is appreciated as well.
- Link to any public online galleries that show your creations
- Three of your favorite, personal, creations from the last 3 months (can either be links or attachments)
- A short bio about yourself and why you would like to design for SheetLoad
- A list of any other DTs you are on, as well as an estimate of how much time per month you can commit to SheetLoad
- Any papercrafting message boards you frequent, along with your username
- The MAILING and EMAIL ADDRESS you will be using for your DT position communication
Please make sure to include answers/responses to each point above.
Failure to do so, may result in disqualification.
Once your email of intent is received I will reply with our basic rules, timelines, etc.
To be considered for a DT position, your “interview” will consist of a “Submission Challenge Blog Post”. For your post…
- Choose any current or past issue of SheetLoad (sheetload.blogspot.com…)
- Use the provided sketch and dimensions to create three (3) cards and one (1) Beyond the Card item.
o For the cards, you are free to “make them your own”. Be sure to share in your blog post how you did so.
o For the “Beyond the Card” piece you are free to create anything; that is NOT a card, but was inspired by the sketch for the month.
- Make sure to link to the issue you chose to use.
- Email me the link to your “Submission Challenge Blog Post”, after it has went live.
General Design Team Rules:
Below are some basic guidelines for consideration.
Once your Email of Intent is received, you will receive additional information about a SheetLoad DT position.
- Must be an “active blogger”; averaging at least 2-3 posts per week.
- Ability to follow instruction and adhere to deadlines is a MUST.
- Photographs/Scans of projects must be of a high quality. Any major glares, blemishes or blurriness should not appear on final image.“Staging” of photos is preferred (ie: props/backgrounds, etc.)
Online Crafting Galleries: It is preferred that you share your creations on at least one (1) online paper crafting gallery and note in the info that it is based upon an issue of SheetLoad of Cards*. *As long as it does not violate any board TOUs.
- No monetary compensation will be given to artists.
- Recognition on the SheetLoad blog with a link to DT members’ crafting blog.
- Artists will be required to use product from their own “stash” to create their projects; without reimbursement from SheetLoad.If there is a sponsor for the issue, you will be provided with product to use for that month.
- As a SheetLoad Artist, you will receive a 25% discount on product at the SheetLoad ShortCuts online store: shortcuts.sheetloadofcards.net…
Other: Artists will own the creation and be given credit for the work, but SheetLoad will have the right to publish online and offline for marketing, promotional purposes and other uses.
NEW CALL: Scrapbook Challenges DT Call
Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2009
Scrapbook Challenges, a group on myspace, is looking for some talented scrapbookers to help out with posting challenges and completing layouts based on sketches.
We have 3 spots open.
The term will be May 2009 through August 2009, and we do ask that you commit to that.
• In order to be a member of a myspace group, you must have a myspace account.
These are free and you can open it when you start your term if you like.
You can have your profile be private, or without much information but you do need a profile to be part of the group.
• DT members will post at least one challenge a month.
• DT members will be given the sketches a week in advance and asked to complete a LO once a month based on one of the sketches.
• DT members will help answer questions and participate in the board.
What DT members will get:
• The ability to state a design team for your scrapbook resume.
• Your name will be highlighted on the main page and you can promote websites and groups of your choice.
• DT members will receive a “signing bonus” RAK in the mail, as well as occasional RAKS throughout their term.
• Possible sponsor packages of goodies (we are working on getting a few things lined up).
If you are interested:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Team” in the subject line.
Please share the following:
• A LO that is your favorite that you did.
• Your myspace profile link (if you have one)
• Links to websites or galleries.
• Why you want to be a part of this new Design Team?
NEW CALL: Core’dinations creative design team call
Deadline: Friday, April 24, 2009
Show us what you can do with cardstock!
Core’dinations is looking for creative design team members
Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock has a core color that “core’dinates” with the surface color. . . no white core! The true beauty of this cardstock can be revealed through Sanding, Tearing and Embossing. You can view the entire line at www.coredinations.com.
Please submit the following to email@example.com with subject heading DT Call no later than April 24, 2009.
* 3 unpublished layouts or projects that focus on cardstock. (JPEG format less than 500KB each.) We would love to see what you create with Core’dinations cardstock, but this is not a requirement to apply.
* 100 words or less – describe why you want to be on our design team
* List of your current design team positions (however, you do not need to currently be on a design team to be considered)
* Link to your scrapbook resume and/or blog
* Link to your online gallery, if applicable
* Sign 6 month contract
* Produce a minimum of 3 projects per month with additional assignments as needed
* Actively promote Core’dinations on industry scrapbooking websites and message boards
* You will be compensated with Core’dinations products
* Additional compensation will be given for publications and tradeshow work