NEW CALL: Back Porch Memories: February Guest Designer Contest
Deadline: Saturday, January 10, 2009
Back Porch Memories: February Guest Designer ContestDue: January 10, 2009
Back Porch Memories kit club is looking for a guest designer for its February kits.
Entries must use the sketch posted on our message board under "contests".
We'd like to see your layout include a title, photo(s) and journaling.
Layouts will be judged by our design team on creativity and best overall design.
The winning layout will earn a spot on our team for the month of February, and this Guest Designer will get to work with one of our monthly kits.
There will also be a random drawing from all contest entries for a prize pack.
Rules of our Guest Designer Contest:
1. One (1) layout entry per person.
2. Entry must use the February sketch and include a title, photo(s) and journaling.
3. Your layout must be NEWLY CREATED for this contest and not posted elsewhere during the contest period. After the contest is over, you can post your creation wherever you'd like.
4. Deadline for entries is Jan. 10, midnight Eastern time, so we can announce our winner on or before Jan. 15.
5. Entry must be uploaded to the February '09 Guest Design Team Folder in our gallery (under "contests") to be eligible. You DO NOT need to post a link to your layout on this the thread on the message board. Posting the layout to the thread is fine (optional), but it doesn't count unless it's in the gallery in the proper folder.
6. International entries are welcome. However, international winners must pay their own shipping.
7. You must not have been a Guest Design Team Member at Back Porch Memories in the last six months. If it's been over that time period, feel free to enter again.
If you're chosen as a Guest Designer for Back Porch Memories:
1. You'll be contacted via a BPM private message, and you'll be required to accept the position within 3 days of notification.
2. Your photo and bio will be featured in our newsletter and we will need these within a few days of your acceptance.
3. You'll receive one of the February kits and will be required to complete at least 3 layouts and 1 project (altered piece, card, etc.) with the kit. These must be uploaded to the February Design Team folder in our gallery by February 10th.
4. One of your layouts must be completed and emailed to us by January 31st so it may be included on our site as a "teaser."
5. You'll participate in the forums by posting a minimum of 5 times a week.
We can't wait to see what you do with this sketch!
NEW CALL: Butterfly Crafts Challenge #3
Happy New year everyone!!!
For our next challenge, we want you to look back at 2008 and create a lay-out about your favourite memory/memories of the year.
What will you remember about 2008 when you think back in years to come?
Please upload your LO's to our gallery, leave us a link in the comments or e-mail them to Butterflycrafts1@aol.com by 30th Jan to be in with a chance of becoming our February guest designer.
NEW CALL: Scrapbooking Top 50 - Stars of Scrap Competition
Keep up to date with Australia's newest scrapping competition - the comp with attitude -
via the official Stars of Scrap Blog !
NEW CALL: Scrappy Times January Challenge
First of all I want to wish you all a very very happy (and scrappy) new year!!!
Hopefully 2009 brings you everything you wish for!
My wish was to create a forum/community for scrappers and even before 2009 was started it was there with a number of members that I didn't expect!
So for all of you, the DT and I are going to make it a wonderful scrappy year with lot's of fun stuff to do!!
This is what you can expect from us in 2009:
- Every month a new 'Member of the Month'
- Every 1st of the month a new sketch challenge
- Every 4th of the month a scrapbooking tip, like budget and storage tips!
- Every 10th of the month a tutorial/workshop
- Every 20th of the month a new challenge
There will be a drawing every month, if you make a challenge and you post it at the Challenge Group on the thread for that specific challenge.
If you make one of ours tutorials/workshops, post your piece in the Workshop Group.
For every challenge and tutorial you make you'll get your name in for the drawing and at the end of the month we'll announce the winner overe here and at the forum!
If you have any questions, please ask !
This month's give away for the January winner is donated by your own DT girl Calia!!!!
Soooooo here it is, our very first Challenge of 2009, a sketch challenge!!
See the sketch HERE.
Send your submission in HERE, before january 10th to have your name into the drawing.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your work !