INFORMATION: SCRAP GIRLS Retreat
Our next retreat, the Back 2 Basics Cropfest is only 5 short weeks away and we still have spots available. Our Cropfests have been proven to be our most popular retreats and have sold out every time - so you wont want to miss this opportunity to come along and share in all the Scrap Girls fun. Here are the details you’ll need……………
Oct 08 Back to Basics CROPFEST17th - 19th October 2008
Crusaders Conference Centre, Galston - North/West Sydney
Price - $180.00
The price includes:
* Scrapping with a wonderful group of people all weekend long
* Scrap Girls teachers on hand for any dilemma
* Scrap Girls games
* Scrap Girls raffles
* Scrap Girls Challenge Kit
* All meals provided from supper Friday to lunch Sunday
* Access to both our Creation & Journaling Stations
* Super comfy accommodation in cabins (4 rooms per cabin, 6 per room)
* Loads of laughs with great friends - old & new and heaps more.
DEPOSITS: are being taken now. $70 NON-REFUNDABLE dep is required to reserve your spot. Places for this retreat are limited.
Spots are LIMITED, so take the plunge and spoil yourself and join us at the Scrap Girls Back 2 Basics CROPFEST. Go on you know you deserve it !
Scrap Girls is offering all ladies a %5 discount off our Back 2 Basics CROPFEST.
Just mention “Just Calls & Crops” when booking in to receive this special offer.
NEW CALL: Around The Block Design Team Audition
Deadline: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Around The Block Design Team
AUDITIONS! Wait. Stop right there. If you think this is just another design team call, you’re wrong. Just plain wrong.
Around The Block isn’t looking for a Design Team.
We’re looking for a group of dedicated design enthusiasts.
We’re looking for people who love to find new ways to make their projects meaningful.
We’re looking for people who want to go back to the beginning and remember why they fell in love with scrapbooking and papercrafting.
Are we looking for you?
Around The Block Designers are a group of people committed to creating inspiration and excitement for their fellow scrapbookers, card makers and crafters. They will not only use Around The Block products, but their own words, pictured and unique creativity to do so.
And you don’t have to be a published scrapbooker to apply. Of course, if you are, that’s fine too!
So how do you get your chance to try out for the Around The Block Team?
We’re so glad you asked. We want to see your best work…your favorite layouts and projects.
Here’s the details:
Send your three best layouts (or projects) and your resume (or a basic idea of where your work has been published or what you’ve done in the past) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write “ATB Team Audition” in the Subject Line.
Submissions MUST be received by September 25.
Please also send us a paragraph or two describing yourself, your other hobbies and why you love scrapbooking/cardmaking/papercrafting.
Also, please answer the following:
• What are your creative strengths and weaknesses?
• What are your favorite products, techniques, colors and brands?
• What do you want to get out of your experience as a Design Team member?
• List any design teams you currently participate on as well as past design teams (this does not disqualify you).
• Please list memberships in online scrapbook/crafting communities (forums) in which you are active.
• We'd like to know what your favorite products are and any other ideas you have to help build our business.
Finally, we’ll make a decision on who we would love to join us as part of the Around The Block team by September 30. We are currently looking for approximately 8-10 designers. More details will be given to you when you are invited to join the team.
Design Team Requirements:
1. The Design Team Commitment is 12 months, with the rights of Around The Block to extend the term longer. The term will run from October 1, 2008, until September 30, 2009.
2. Monthly Projects:• Every month you will be required to create 1 page layout, 2-3 cards and 1 altered project.• Projects must be completed using at least 80% of Around The Block, Chatterbox and/or 7gypsies products but all must include Around the Block tool usage.• Projects must be photographed and submitted on or before the 30th day of each month.• Projects must include step-by-step instructions for creating along with a description of any unique techniques used.
3. Periodically you will be required to create projects for on-air selling at QVC or HSN or other sales venues.
4. Before each CHA tradeshow you will be required to create several projects for display at the show. Generally the timeline is tight, but we will try to give you as much time as possible.
5. You may be asked to design classes or make-and-takes featuring Around The Block products.
6. You must be actively involved on the Around The Block gallery by posting projects (these must not be designs from other Design Teams, but can be posted in other galleries) and leave praise or comments on other posts.
7. Participation is required in on-line forums like 2Peas.
8. Promote Around The Block and its products, and activities on your blog, and other sites and galleries where allowed.
9. You are required to submit your projects for publication, citing Around The Block as the product manufacturer. A minimum of one submission per month is required. Designers are required to send an email with a photo of the submission and the name of the publication(s) submitted to the design team leader.
10. Designers must provide signed model releases and signed photographer's releases for each and every project containing photographs.
11. All projects become property of Around The Block.
Design Team Perks:
• As a design team member you will receive free products after each new release.
• When ever possible, product will be shipped to design team member for special projects.
• Occasionally Around The Block partners with other fabulous manufacturers and product is exchanged – you might receive additional free product like adhesives, cardstock or more!
• Your work will be displayed in advertisements, packaging, promotions, classes, products, books, brochures, tradeshows, our Around The Block blog, on TV and at sales events. We reserve the right to use any work you submit.
• As part of the Around The Block team, you may receive periodic passes to industry tradeshows such as CHA.
• Design team members opinions will be sought out and appreciated as an integral part of our business plans.
Good luck! We look forward to hearing from you.
NEW CALL: Reminisce 2009 Design Team Contest
Deadline: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Reminisce is searching for a new member to add to our Design Team for 2009!
We want to see your very best Reminisce layouts for a chance to win an incredible prize or even a spot on our Design Team!
Enter by Midnight CST, September 30, 2008 for your chance to win one of these amazing prizes!
Grand prize winner will receive $500 cash and a one year spot on the Reminisce Design Team.
1st Runner-Up will receive $100 cash and $100 in Reminisce credit.
2nd, 3rd and 4th Runner-Up will receive $50 cash and $50 in Reminisce credit.
To enter, please submit your favorite creation(s) using a majority of Reminisce product.
Reply in the comments section of this post, linking your projects to your comment.
Be sure to include your first and last name as well as your email address.
We ask that you please submit at least one layout (which can be one or two pages), as well as either a card or altered project, so that we may get a feel for your overall style. You may submit as many times and items as you like. We accept all submissions, including international entries.